Skin Sensitivity and Skin Allergies are very common nowadays. So, are Skin Sensitivity and Allergic reactions really a skin problem? First of all, we need to know that sensitization of the skin or the development of allergic conditions is not a skin damage and that the reason is due to the ingredients of the products used. However, skin damage such as Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis or reactions to any food can also cause skin irritations, blisters or red, scaly and itchy skin.
In order to avoid skin sensitivity and allergic reactions, the offending ingredient must be identified!
In order to prevent skin sensitivity and skin irritations, first of all, it is necessary to identify the ingredients that cause them and avoid them. The ingredients of the products used in skin care should be examined very carefully. These products should be avoided if any ingredient is present that may cause Irritation, Allergic Reaction or Sensitization.
The simplest way to understand whether a product is causing irritation or sensitivity on the skin is if your skin becomes red, itchy, or blistered a few hours after applying the product to your skin, it means that there are substances in this product that can cause an allergic reaction, irritation or sensitivity on your skin. The rapid reaction of the skin in this way can speed things up in terms of detecting these substances. In some cases, the formation of a negative reaction on the skin does not occur immediately, it can take a very long time. Using products containing irritating raw materials in skin care, a negative reaction on the skin can develop gradually: it can take weeks, months or years.
The hardest part of the job is to identify the substances that cause negative reactions. Negative reactions on the skin may be caused by a single product or may occur as a result of using 2-3 products consecutively. All products used in skin care should be applied individually and then in combinations to observe the reactions of the skin. These are trial processes that require long and patience. After these substances are detected, stopping their use in skin care can accelerate the self-repair of the skin.
Things to avoid by people with sensitive and easily irritated skin:
- Scrub and peeling applications that do not have a smooth surface (containing uneven particles such as walnuts, apricot kernels, aluminum oxide crystals and causing inflammation by scratching the skin) should be avoided.
- The use of products containing Ethyl Alcohol should be avoided.
- Products consisting of NICE ingredients should be preferred for skin cleaning. Contents that can cause negative reactions on the skin such as SLES, SLS, Sulfates, Soap should be avoided.
- Tonics with irritating ingredients such as Ethyl Alcohol, Menthol, Lavender, Rose, Hamamelis should be avoided.
- Very cold and very hot water should be avoided. Warm water should be preferred for skin cleansing. In addition, steam or ice applications to the skin should be avoided.
- Moisturizing or skin masks containing essential oils, Polyvinyl alcohol and irritants should be avoided. Essence-free products should be chosen for skin care.
In case of skin sensitivity or allergic reaction, any other product containing irritants should not be used in the area of negative reaction.
Scrubs, Essences, Essential oils, AHAs, Retinol or Retinoic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxde, Vitamin C, Skin lightening actives can trigger irritations and cause the problem to grow.Sauna, steam or cold-hot water, rubbing the area with a negative reaction… all these are factors that trigger a negative reaction
The following should be avoided even if your skin is not sensitive:
- Long-term and continuous use of products containing irritants damages the collagen in the skin structure. The skin begins to lose its smoothness, firmness and healthy appearance.
- Irritations prevent the skin from producing and repairing the components it needs to maintain its youthful and healthy appearance.
- The use of irritant-containing products, especially by people with oily skin, stimulates the nerve endings in the pores, which triggers more sebum production. The skin produces more oil.
- As products containing irritants are used, irritations develop in the lower layers of the skin slowly and without being obvious, whether we see it or not. After years, it starts to show itself in the form of problematic skin such as enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, skin barrier damage.
- Using irritating ingredients causes normal and healthy skin to become sensitive and reactive to everything.
As Cyrene Brand, we tried to summarize the reason why we do not use irritant and skin barrier-damaging ingredients such as Essential Oils, Petroleum Derivatives, Paraffin, Petroleum Derivatives, Dyestuffs, Ethyl alcohol, SLES, SLS, Sulfates, Parabens in any of our products. All of our formulas are very special and unique, the products are formulated by specially selected ingredients that do not damage the skin barrier and do not cause negative skin reactions and irritations.
For your questions, you can contact us on WhatsApp Support .