As we get older and exposed to the sun's rays, many changes begin to occur in our skin. When we look in the mirror, the first thing we see are fine wrinkles that begin to appear on the surface of the skin. But what we see is only 5% of the concerns, the remaining 95% is in the lower layers of the skin and is not yet visible. It will gradually begin to reveal itself over time. Since we can't see this 95% part, we start to look for solutions by focusing on the fine wrinkles that are only 5%, whereas the parts at the bottom of the iceberg are more frightening.
Negative factors such as sun rays, air pollution, cigarette smoke and stress cause breakdown in collagen and elastin tissues, which are the supporting tissues of our skin. In addition to fine lines and wrinkles on our skin, this causes loss of elasticity, pigment irregularities, rough, rough, dull and pale skin, sunspots, and enlarged pores that we cannot see with the naked eye. Care should be taken by focusing on all these factors that occur in skin aging. The key ingredient here is Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA). The most widely used type of Alpha Hydroxy Acid is Glycolic Acid.
Glycolic acid is Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), which is obtained from sugar cane and has the smallest molecular structure. It is used in daily or weekly skin care routines for the purpose of superficial peeling (exfoliant) at rates varying between 2% and 15%. Concentrations of Glycolic Acid between 20 and 70% are the doses most commonly used by dermatologists or skin care clinics for skin rejuvenation (chemical peeling).
In case of regular use of products containing glycolic acid, collagen and elastin tissues are restructured, thus helping to resolve fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, it removes the rough, matte pale appearance and gives a more lively and luminous skin. It is also effective on pores as it triggers collagen synthesis.
Glycolic acid has a water-retaining effect and deeply moisturizes the skin. While ordinary moisturizers prevent the loss of existing moisture in the skin by forming a film on the upper layer of the skin (TEWL - trans epidermal water loss), glycolic acid acts on the lower layer of the skin due to its very small molecular structure. As a result of stimulating the support tissues of the skin, it triggers the production of hyaluronic acid and moisturizes the lower layers of the skin. Since the production of Hyaluronic Acid is triggered in the lower layers of the skin, the skin regains both its moisture and its elastic structure.
When used daily and weekly, exfoliants with Glycolic Acid help to remove the top layer of our skin (the dead cell layer that surrounds our skin).
The mechanism of operation is to dissolve the sticky substance (mortar) between cells that allows the cells to stick to each other, and to ensure the removal of dead cells. In this way, it gives the skin a younger appearance, and the skin gains a brighter appearance as it reflects the light better.
Glycolic acid renews the dead cells in the upper layer of the skin and triggers the mechanism of younger and healthier cell formation in the lower layers. Thus, a change begins between tired and old skin cells and young and healthy cells. With daily and regular use, the general structure of the skin changes.
100% skin care is achieved when daily and regular exfoliant containing Glycolic Acid is added in addition to cleansing, tonic, moisturizing and sun protection steps in the skin care routine.
For your questions, you can contact us via WhatsApp Support .