Today, we often hear the terms "Fruit Acid", "Alpha Hydroxy Acid", "Chemical Peeling". AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), also known as Fruit Acid, are substances used during the chemical peeling process. The most commonly used type of AHA in Chemical Peeling (exfoliation) is Glycolic Acid. Glycolic acid is a fruit acid obtained from sugar cane, Malic Acid is obtained from apple juice, Tartaric Acid is obtained from fruit acid obtained from grape juice, and salicylic acid, one of the strongest antioxidants, is obtained from citrus fruits (lemon, orange) and pineapple.
What are the Benefits of Alpha Hydroxy Acids for Our Skin:
- They help the skin regain its former vitality and radiance by smoothing it.
- They are effective in reducing or removing wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging.
- They are effective in removing acne and acne scars.
- They are effective in the treatment of sun, pregnancy and age spots.
- They are used in the treatment of superficial scars on the skin.
- They are effective in acne and ingrown hairs after shaving in men.
- It has water-retaining and moisturizing effects on the skin. They are also called peeling moisturizers (exfoliants).
Alpha Hydroxy Acids are recommended to be included in the daily skin care routine.
Due to their exfoliating effects, they can increase the sensitivity of the skin to the sun, therefore, when using AHA, well-formulated sunscreen creams with a broad spectrum (with both UVA and UVB protectors) and a protection factor of at least SPF 30 or higher should be used. It should be protected from the rays.
Conditions That Should Not Be Done Chemical Peel
- Chemical peeling should not be done in case of diseases related to allergy and immune system.
- Chemical peeling should not be done in case of skin diseases such as eczema and dermatitis.
- Chemical peeling should not be done in case of herpes and similar viral skin diseases.
- Chemical peeling should not be done in case of hypersensitivity to the sun.
- Those with wound healing problems should not have chemical peeling.
- Chemical peeling should not be done in case of open wounds.
- Chemical peeling should not be done in case of recent surgery, laser applications and radiation treatments.
If you need help with your skin care routine WhatsApp Support by contacting us from our experts you can get help.