How should AHA and BHA exfoliants be used?
- Exfoliants should be included in the skin care routine after cleansing and toning steps. If the exfoliant is in liquid form, it should be applied to the skin by taking it on cotton. If it is in the form of lotion or gel, it can be applied to the skin with the help of fingers.
- After applying the exfoliant, you can wait for it to dry, or even before it dries, you can apply serum, eye cream, moisturizer or sunscreen if you use it during the day.
- Using on the eye area: It should be tried on a small area first, if it does not cause reactions such as excessive redness, itching, stinging, it can also be applied around the eyes. It should never get into the eyes. It should not be used in areas very close to the eyes, on eyelids, eyebrows and eyelashes.
- In the first use, it should be started with low concentrations of AHA and BHA. For example, those who use AHA-containing exfoliants for the first time should start with 2% AHA and gradually increase the concentration. As the skin gets used to it, the AHA concentration can be increased by 4%, 8%, 10%.
- For the first use, it should only be used by adding it to the evening care routine, it can be included in the morning and evening care routine as the skin gets used to it. Using it morning and evening will increase the effectiveness of the exfoliant. The frequency of use and concentration should be decided by experimenting and observing the skin's reactions.
- Important: For a healthy skin, broad-spectrum sunscreen should be used in the daytime skin care routine, whether or not exfoliant is included in the skin care routine. In order for the sunscreen to continue to protect the skin effectively from harmful sun rays, it must be renewed every 2 hours.
Using AHA and BHA Exfoliants Together
AHA-containing exfoliants are effective in concerns such as sun spots, skin tone unevenness, dull and pale skin, acne scars, skin dryness, fine wrinkles, exfoliation.
BHA exfoliants offer effective solutions for skin lubrication, blackheads, large pores, acne, acne, rosacea, redness and sensitivity concerns.
Some skin types may have concerns that both AHA and BHA exfoliants will resolve at the same time. In this case, AHA and BHA exfoliants can be included in the skin care routine together.
Those who want to use AHA and BHA exfoliants together can create their skin care routine by choosing one of the following options:
- You can use AHA exfoliant alternately one evening and use BHA exfoliant the other evening.
- AHA exfoliant can be used in the morning care routine and BHA exfoliant can be used in the evening care routine.
- Formulas containing both AHA and BHA may be preferred.
If you need help with your skin care routine Contact us with WhatsApp Support you can get help from our experts.